|Swamps 'N' Gators|
|Season 1, Episode 37b|
|Air Date||January 18, 2016|
|Written by||Mark De Angelis Timothy McKeon|
|Directed by||J.J. Johnson|
|Oscar of All Trades||There Might Be Dragons|
Swamps 'N' Gators is the B-plot of the 37th episode of Odd Squad.
- Recognizing the number of items in a set without individually counting (subitizing)
- Numbers and Operations: adding and subtracting
- The title is a pun on the board game "Snakes and Ladders"/"Chutes and Ladders".
- Mrs. Kansas's sons are named "Milton" and "Bradley", which is in reference to the Milton Bradley board game company. Perhaps coincidentally, the game the episode's title is based off of (Chutes and Ladders) is made by that company.
- When she and Otto get sucked into the game, Olive remarks, "I have a feeling we're not in the Kansas' living room anymore." This is a twist on the famous line uttered by Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz.
- The board game can be seen in the episode Oksana's Kitchen Nightmares